Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Queue Statistics Gadget - How to add/remove skills

In the following URL:

Cisco Finesse Desktop User Guide for Unified Contact Center Enterprise Release 10.0(1) - Cisco Finesse desktop interfac…

It indicates that, "The Queue Statistics gadget displays a list of the queues for which you are responsible."

How does it determine which queues a supervisor is responsible for?  We have migrated from Skill Groups to Precision Queues, and would like to remove visually the display of the old Skill Groups in the Queue Statistics Gadget, while not losing historical reporting.  My supervisor agent does not have any of the old Skill Groups in Skill Group Explorer nor in the Skill Group membership tab of Agent Explorer, yet the skills are still showing up.  Can anyone advise on how this code determines which skill groups/precision queues to display and how to accomplish this?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jason,

I think the wording ("The Queue Statistics gadget displays a list of the queues for which you are responsible.") in the documentation is a little bit misleading. I spoke with the Finesse team and they told me that for supervisors, the queue statistics shows the skill groups configured on ALL the agents in all of the supervisor's team(s). There is no differentiation made between a conventional skill group and a PQ.

Currently, there isn't a way for the queue statistics gadget to show the skill groups & PQ for that particular supervisor only.

Thanx,

Denise

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Finesse gets the list of queues via the CTI Server Message protocol CONFIG_SKILL_GROUP_EVENT. I do not remember off the top of my head which exact configuration it takes it from, but I would think that it comes from the Skill Group membership.

Have you tried to restart the Finesse tomcat after making this configuration change? You may need to do so, so that Finesse wipes out the in memory database and gets the latest list from CCE.

Thanx,

Denise

Thanks Denise.  I tried a restart of our finesse servers and it did not clear the association.  Still seeing the old skill groups, and there is no membership in config manager.

Hm. Let me look into it and I will get back to you.

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jason,

I think the wording ("The Queue Statistics gadget displays a list of the queues for which you are responsible.") in the documentation is a little bit misleading. I spoke with the Finesse team and they told me that for supervisors, the queue statistics shows the skill groups configured on ALL the agents in all of the supervisor's team(s). There is no differentiation made between a conventional skill group and a PQ.

Currently, there isn't a way for the queue statistics gadget to show the skill groups & PQ for that particular supervisor only.

Thanx,

Denise

Thank you Denise.  That is what I was thinking was happening.  I think the best solution at this point is to create a new report in CUIC and replace the Queue Statistics gadget with the desired report.  Would the Finesse team be willing to give up the SQL from their Queue Statistics Gadget?  That SQL would be useful for other purposes.

Hi Jason,

The queue statistics gadget does not actually get the data from the database. It gets it via the CTI Server Message Protocol and is exposed to Finesse developers as the Queue object. So unfortunately, the Finesse team would not know the SQL either.

Thanx,

Denise

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: