cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Extraction Error when dowloading WLC 5520 Splash page

Mlachake
Level 1
Level 1

I have created/modified the Webauth bundle from Cisco, but I am getting an "Error extracting webauth files" when downloading the file. I am able to download and extract the Cisco webauth sample with a few modifications on it.

I will real appreciate any assistance pointing me in the right direction on what may be causing the error.

Thank you.

Samwel.

4 Replies 4

Rafael E
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

• What app are you using to create your tar file.
  • Can you check on the following?

The custom feature allows you to use a custom HTML page instead of the default login page. Upload your html and image files bundle to the controller. In the upload page, look for webauth bundle in a tar format. Usually, PicoZip creates tars that work compatibly with the WLC.

Regards,

Rafael - TAC

Saludos,
Rafael - TAC

Rafael,

Thank you for the response. I have tried both PicoZip and 7Zip, but getting the same error. However, I am able to download and extract the Cisco webauth bundle sample provided on Cisco site(albeit modified).

Can you provide the inner working of the download and extraction process of the WLC.  Does the system examine the code itself while extracting?

What else, apart from the app, will cause the extraction to fail?

Thank you.

Samwel.

Hi Samwel,

The WLC will check for file sizes and names.

Can you share your file you are trying to update?

Can you run debug transfer all enable on the CLI while trying to download the code to WLC?

Regards,

Rafael - TAC

Saludos,
Rafael - TAC

Rafael,

Thank you once more. I have the files I am trying to update.

Thank you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card