cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Iversal Device Template (UDT) self provision deleting new lines

Sir Chris
Level 1
Level 1

Voice newbie tearing his hair out here, what's left of it.

So I have setup CUCM 11.5 to self provision new phones. I have completed the ULT, UDT, phone button template, user profile, CTI point, & all that. Phones come up with all their intial lines setup in the UDT & temporary settings (*all* lines are given an auto generated DN, eg 1001). I then enter my provisioning number, enter the actual DN assigned to the phone for the particular user (e.g. 505), phone resets, and it comes up in a working state with all lines reflecting their proper DNs. Brilliant. So far so good.

Right, now I wish to add a new line. Let's call it a support line that I want all phones to have, new and old. I can create it on all existing phones which works fine, but I also want to add it into the UDT so that new phones that self provision have it.

So ... I create a new DN, and then assign it to a new line on the UDT. I get a new phone out the box, go through the motions again as described above. When the phone comes with its default lines eg 1002, the new line appears. All good. I then self-provision using the new user assigned DN (eg 508), phone resets, but guess what? The new line has just disappeared. It's been deleted from the directory list and gets wiped from any phones that may alreadsy have it manually configured. What is going on? Is this a bug?

I have been able to get it working by accident, but no idea what permutation of button clicks caused it to work. Any pointers appreciated!

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: