cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Max Phonebook Records = 1500/agent. Can our custom gadget load multiple phonebooks?

claudioillanes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

The Finesse phone book allows the agent to view a maximum of 1500 records. However, I have a customer that has 3500+ records that they need to show. We are now building a phone book, but I wanted to know if it's permissible, from the Cisco perspective, if I load my 3000 records from 3 GLOBAL phonebooks (1500 records, 1500 records, 500 records). Are there any concerns with us doing this?

Thanks!

Claudio

2 Replies 2

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Claudio,

Yes, the concern is performance. That is a lot of data to fetch and parse through on the gadget side. Cisco won't stop you from doing it, but if you start having issues on the agent desktop, the first thing TAC would ask is for you to reproduce the problem without the custom gadget.

Thanx,

Denise

Well, we were considering using the phonebook API to store 3500+ phone book records, and combine them, we don't want to keep displaying a warning message to the user in the default phonebook, so custom phonebook it is.

Thanks Denise!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: