Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Routing two networks

Hi,

I have two separate networks, one is complete Cisco(NETWORK A) environment and other one is having non-manageable switches(NETWORK B) with TMG SERVER for internet and AD. Now i want the Network A to access  internet from network B and join AD from network B on Network A. On Cisco network i have created multiple user vlans about 20 vlans ip range is from 172.16.1.0/24 to 172.16.50.0/24 inconsistently.

On network B they are using same ip range 172.16.1.0/21, but this can be changed.

And further Network B should be able to communicate voice and CCTV services on Network A which is Cisco IPT and Surveillance.

Both networks are connected through fiber. Network B cable is terminated on Network A Core Switch,

Kindly advice

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Pranay Prasoon
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Syed,

Routing will be done by core switch as you would have two SVI on switch. As TMG acts like a proxy/router/firewall, so it will be its responsibility to allow the traffic and send back to core switch for internet routing. So from networking perspective it is possible. How you can integrate clients with both TMD/AD, I think on Cisco's forum it is difficult to answer as many of would have never worked on application side.

Thanks

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Pranay Prasoon
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Syed,

Are you guys using dark fiber to connect two network or is it coming through ISP?

Thanks

Pranay

Hi Pranay,

Yes we are using Dark Fiber.

I was thinking of making two separate IP networks, 192.168.1.0/21 on Network B( to change the IP's) and on my end keep same IP's. Later run eigrp or ospf to do routing.But the issue is they don't have any manageable switch in network B and my second concern is if routing is done, can they add their clients on Network A with AD server on Network B and also can they run Internet. I guess for internet they need to do routing and allow network A on their TMG server.

Thanks in advance.

Kindly advice.

Pranay Prasoon
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Syed,

Routing will be done by core switch as you would have two SVI on switch. As TMG acts like a proxy/router/firewall, so it will be its responsibility to allow the traffic and send back to core switch for internet routing. So from networking perspective it is possible. How you can integrate clients with both TMD/AD, I think on Cisco's forum it is difficult to answer as many of would have never worked on application side.

Thanks

Thanks Pranay. I will try to do it.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card