Views
Helpful
Replies

Default Finesse vs Finesse API

lohjintiam
Level 4
Level 4

Hi All,

Is there a link / reference to compare what features of the default Finesse v11.6 available vs what is available in Finesse API v11.6?

Thanks!

-JT-

3 Replies 3

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Can you explain what you mean by default Finesse v11.6? Are you referring to the Finesse agent desktop, the GUI? If so, I am not aware of any link/reference that makes the comparison. Most of the Finesse API features can be found in the agent desktop.

You can find the Finesse APIs here though: https://developer.cisco.com/site/finesse/docs/#rest-api-dev-guide

If you aren't referring to the agent desktop, please explain.

Also, can you explain why you are asking the question? Are you trying to see if you can build a custom agent desktop with the same experience?

Thanx,

Denise

Hi Denise,

Yup I'm referring to the default Finesse Agent Desktop. I recollect during the earlier version of Finesse API didn't have all the features. For UCCX-Finesse, does the email and chat features falls within the Finesse API framework?

The intent is to recreate these features within the customer's in house application / CRM.

Thanks!

-JT-

Hi,

Ok, thank you for explaining your intent so that my answer can be more specific. For the Finesse out of the box agent desktop features, it is mostly covered by the Finesse APIs. But, that doesn't mean that there is additional client side logic. For example, client failover or team performance gadget.

Now, for features like email and chat. That cannot be reproduced in another application. The email/chat, live data, mediasense gadgets are not from Finesse and therefore does not have Finesse APIs. For the email/chat specifically, the APIs used for that gadget is not public.

Thanx,

Denise

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: