cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to boot N9kv switch in VMware

cypherscuall
Level 1
Level 1

I have been trying to boot the N9kv in VMware following the steps in NX-OSv 9000 for in the section for VMware "Provisioning the NX-OSv 9000 in the ESXi Hypervisor, for the most part the description is very similar to what we can configure but I'm having problems during boot. This is the exact message:

The operation on the file "/vmfs/devices/deltadisks/59510bc3-nxosv-final.7.0.3.I6.1-s001.vmdk" failed (14 (Bad address)). The file system where disk "/vmfs/devices/deltadisks/59510bc3-nxosv-final.7.0.3.I6.1-s001.vmdk" resides is full. Select Retry to attempt the operation again. Select Cancel to end the session.

If I select Retry I will get the same message in a few seconds, the only real option is Cancel. And trying to boot again will have the same problem. The disks looks like is full but it does not give me the option to expand it, in this case I'm creating a VM with an existing VMDK.  I have attached a video of exactly what is happening.

I really dont care VMware, or Vagrant or any of the other options I just need a way to boot the N9kv in any form, so any advise is appreciated.

Thanks.

Video Link : 16617

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

grerose
Level 6
Level 6
1 Reply 1

grerose
Level 6
Level 6

HI,

Please refer to the following link.

Cisco Nexus 9000v Guide - Troubleshooting the Cisco Nexus 9000v [Cisco Nexus 9000 Series Switches] - Cisco

Hope this helps!

Greg Rose

Cisco Community Manager

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: