cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Training Center API

cola.kamornik
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, Guys i know there is a guide , but have not succeed to figure out from it how to do that...

I need to do some automation(.Net based) to pro grammatically start Training Session with Running Lab(which i will specify in request)....

What is the correct API to use ?(URL/XML) 

How to better apply that ?

Which credentials can i use in request (if needed at all...) Our site uses Identity management System - so never asked to provide any...

temp.jpg

Any Help can be appreciated ... using the guide - succeeded to start meeting (via url Api) but not training....

Final goal : one click from my Desktop app should launch browser With running training with Lab started .... (of course i have configured ready Lab....) today - we do all process manually - so it is long and annoying,,,

Thanks in advance !

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

nmorrow
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Lab can be reserved using XML API while scheduling a training session by calling training.CreateTrainingSession. That session can be launched by a host URL, also obtained using XML API by calling meeting.GethosturlMeeting. Launching the lab will be a manual process from within the meeting, however, but scheduling and launching can be automated and appear as a single step to an end user.

SSO authentication for XML API is more tricky and would require that you have access to valid unused SAML assertion from your identity management system and that your WebEx site be configured to allow IdP initiated SSO. This is done by encoding the assertion to BASE64 and issuing a user.AuthenticateUser request with protocol set to SAML2.0. The response is a sessionTicket that is used in pace of password for subsequent XML API requests. WebEx sites do maintain a separate username and password for site admin accounts, which could also be used to authenticate XML API requests if you cannot retrieve SAML assertions from your identity provider.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

nmorrow
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Lab can be reserved using XML API while scheduling a training session by calling training.CreateTrainingSession. That session can be launched by a host URL, also obtained using XML API by calling meeting.GethosturlMeeting. Launching the lab will be a manual process from within the meeting, however, but scheduling and launching can be automated and appear as a single step to an end user.

SSO authentication for XML API is more tricky and would require that you have access to valid unused SAML assertion from your identity management system and that your WebEx site be configured to allow IdP initiated SSO. This is done by encoding the assertion to BASE64 and issuing a user.AuthenticateUser request with protocol set to SAML2.0. The response is a sessionTicket that is used in pace of password for subsequent XML API requests. WebEx sites do maintain a separate username and password for site admin accounts, which could also be used to authenticate XML API requests if you cannot retrieve SAML assertions from your identity provider.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: