Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5510 Softwareupdate

Hi,

i have a ASA5510 with version 9.1(6)11 installed on it. The suggested version is 9.1(7)19.

I can see that a lot of defects were resolved in version 9.1(7)19 but i can not see if there are any security bugs in version 9.1(6)11.

Version 9.1(6)11 is running without problems. So do i need to update my ASA to version 9.1(7)19?

Where can i find informations about known security bugs in version 9.1(6)11?

Best Regards

Chris

3 Replies 3

David Hild
Level 11
Level 11

You can use the Bug Search Tool to find information on active and fixed bugs.

I hope this is helpful.

Hi Christian,

You can see the release notes of 9.1 and there is a section related to open and resolved bug. Please see if there are some bugs that concerns you and you want a new version to got them fixed.

Release Notes for the Cisco ASA Series, 9.1(x) - Cisco

Thanks for your help!

I´m missing something like „Cisco IOS Software Checker“ where I can find the related security advisories that affect my release.

Of course I already know the release notes, but reading all resolved bugs and to check if they are security related bugs, will be very time-consuming.

Answer from Cisco TAC:

Unfortunately tool allowing this does not exist currently for ASA. The Cisco IOS Software Checker https://tools.cisco.com/security/center/selectIOSVersion.xis only released for IOS at this time.

For the ASAs, since there are limited software trains. The latest interim of the image should be that version with has the fix for the latest security advisory.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: