cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Windows 10, Cisco VPN and Forti SSL VPN

leviya
Level 4
Level 4

When I connect both to Fortinet SSL VPN and to Cisco VPN at the same time, I cannot use network provided by Forticlient (i.e. my PC cant see remote hosts, ping timeouts). Cisco VPN network works fine though. When I disconnect Cisco VPN, I can ping network resources again, can connect via RDP ans so on. Reproducing in 100% cases, very easy to catch (but not to find underlying issue with skills I have).

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64
Forticlient 5.4.0.0780
Cisco Systems VPN Client 5.0.07.0440

My setup is mostly identical to what I had in previous Windows versions. But there is one important difference related to CiscoVPN. It doesn't work in 10 out of the box so I followed this guide: http://www.gleescape.com/posts/2917.

1. Installed Sonic VPN (it added DNE filter to all network adapters).
  2. Changed registry key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\CVirtA" as described (removed '@oem8.inf,%CVirtA_Desc%;' from beginning).

Same result with disabled Firewall and HIPS (provided by Comodo). Windows Firewall is always disabled. I tried to make routing table same as without Cisco VPN (it adds routes when connected) bu it didn't help.

This problem is relevant only for Windows 10 (before and after Threshold 2). I had no problems with Windows 7 and Windows 8.1. Also I had to reinstall Windows 10 once but problem reoccurred after clean install (i.e. it didn't ever work on Windows 10 for me). I browsed sqlite db "C:\Program Files (x86)\Fortinet\FortiClient\logs\fclog.dat". There are no entries for the time when I reproduce issue. There are no relevant windows events (I checked system and applications log). The only event related to network:

<System>
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<Provider Name="BROWSER" />
<EventID Qualifiers="16384">8033</EventID>
<Level>4</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2016-01-24T08:57:04.695616600Z" />
<EventRecordID>36757</EventRecordID>
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>GROBIK2015</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>\Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{64DBF048-CBFA-4B32-8851-B7CE04C06F91}</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

I also tried to check network packets with WireShark but this is beyond my knowledge.

I don't know what else to check so I will appreciate any suggestions where to dig. I am not an expert with network technologies and VPN in particular but can understand instructions and use required tools. Thanks in advance.

1 Reply 1

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is the ISE forum I don’t see anything relevant here

Perhaps you should move to AnyConnect forum?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: