Views
Helpful
Replies

SX20 and Spark

Hamada Ahmed
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

1- Did SX20 support Spark OS , so after register it to spark cloud i will able to create space and add people by their name or email Like spark APP in laptop?

2- did Sx20 support Spark mobile APP pairing , so i call or share or create new space via Mobile spark app ?

3- if sx20 establish meeting to 25 people , the screen will be divided into 25 boxes?

4- what is the difference between Sx20 Camera and Spark Board camera ?

5- if you use M3 license , how can Spark app in laptop or in Sx20 send WebEx URl to users to join the meeting

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

1. Yes u can put Spark OS and register to cloud. Cisco Spark | Supported Devices and Applications for C...

You cannot create a space with a video endpoint. You can dial SIP URI and you can use proximity and add users from your spark client

2. It supports proximity but that just means calling and mute/unmute/share and you can move your call between spark client and SX20 but not create spaces from the unit

3. No, it will show active speaker in the large box and small tiles like WebEx at the bottom in spark or WebEx meeting. More layouts are planned for WebEx down the road

4. Many things like 4K, less obtrusive camera, speaker framing, analytics, built in mic. Look at data sheets and u can do side by side comparison Cisco Spark Room Kit Data Sheet - Cisco

5. If you schedule a WebEx folks on spark get a notification to join WebEx using calendar connector or just email the WebEx invite to join for folks not on Spark and they can also use proximity on mobile to join WebEx

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

1. Yes u can put Spark OS and register to cloud. Cisco Spark | Supported Devices and Applications for C...

You cannot create a space with a video endpoint. You can dial SIP URI and you can use proximity and add users from your spark client

2. It supports proximity but that just means calling and mute/unmute/share and you can move your call between spark client and SX20 but not create spaces from the unit

3. No, it will show active speaker in the large box and small tiles like WebEx at the bottom in spark or WebEx meeting. More layouts are planned for WebEx down the road

4. Many things like 4K, less obtrusive camera, speaker framing, analytics, built in mic. Look at data sheets and u can do side by side comparison Cisco Spark Room Kit Data Sheet - Cisco

5. If you schedule a WebEx folks on spark get a notification to join WebEx using calendar connector or just email the WebEx invite to join for folks not on Spark and they can also use proximity on mobile to join WebEx

Hi,

1-Thanks for your answer,  but for SX20 if I want to dial 25 people one time(meeting)  I must call them one by one?

2-In spark we create space to be like group has all team member,  how we do something like this in sx20?

3-How also share something like presentation using sx20, if I can't create space?

1. There are two types of meetings today so best to define that first. This will change down the road but for now

a) Spark meeting is hitting the call button inside the space. If you do that everyone can jump on the meeting. The SX20 can join either by using proximity on your mobile or dialing the SIP URI of that space

b) Same with WebEx SX20 can dial the CMR URI or use Proximity and others will get a pop on the spark client to join WebEx or click the link so you don't need to add anyone one by one

2. SX20 is not a spark client period so no way to create a space with a video endpoint

3. You can share by plugging in the cable from the SX and then when its dialed into the spark meeting or WebEx it will show via BFCP.

Hi,

1-So if i need to make meeting with 4 people , i can call them one by one from sx20 ,right?

2- Sx20 work with spark cloud and spark App (video call) normally without need any extra infrastructure , just Sx20 will be on-premise and Spark cloud and Apps, Right?

3- How Sip Url created ? , and how i can dial it from SX20? i want make it more clear for me ( i talk about spark cloud specially) ? .

1. SX20 can dial a SIP URI only when registered to spark cloud so it can dial other endpoints or a spark space too

2. I am not following either u register SX20 to UCM/Expressway or spark cloud

3. Under your spark space click on the 9 dots and see meetings. You can only see this active for spaces that have more than 2 and less than 25 folks. You can see the SIP URI in that place. This is not WebEx meetings but spark meetings.

Cisco Spark | Schedule a Cisco Spark Meeting from a Sp...

Hi,

i didn't get what you mean of 1. SX20 can dial a SIP URI only when registered to spark cloud so it can dial other endpoints or a spark space too

did you have any video or tutorial explain this please ?

oseguerarod
Level 1
Level 1

1- What about Sx10, Sx80 & Dx80, do they support Spark OS?

2- If I bought the 3 devices time ago, do Cisco has a way to change OS on them or with current OS I can connect them to Spark?

3- To change OS all devices need to be supported with SWSS?

4- What features do I get if I select registration of video endpoints in CCW while I am configuring Spark Service?

1) Yes Webex supported devices are here https://collaborationhelp.cisco.com/article/en-us/DOC-4205

2) Sure you can register to cloud and do factory reset. http://upgrade.cisco.com/

3) No but you need subscription license unless it’s flex

4) You get a “long” Sip URI. You get the capability to make sip calls via uri(unless you tie to an existing CCM cluster and do extension dialing or buy calling plans from West or intelepeer) B2B or internal but P2P not multi point. You get proximity for sharing, call control, moving of calls from desktop to endpoint and vice versa, and WebEx control hub analytics.

Thanks

Srini