Views
Helpful
Replies

Accessing Privileged info from API

fittond
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to capture the phones/PIN and personalTeleconf/account/participantFullAccessCode. While I can pull this info from my own admin account, other standard users return blanks. I assume this is restricted for security purposes but is it possible to allow this info to be accessed through the API?

Should I be looking elsewhere? Is there such thing as a superuser account etc. that has visibility of this sort of information?

This is the query:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<serv:message xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">

<header>

<securityContext>

<siteID>XXXXX</siteID>

<partnerID>XXXXXXX</partnerID>              

<webExID>dave</webExID>

<password>XXXXXX</password>

</securityContext>

</header>

<body>

<bodyContent xsi:type="java:com.webex.service.binding.user.GetUser">

<webExId>bob

</webExId>

</bodyContent>

</body>

</serv:message>

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

nmorrow
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

For data security purposes, some information is available to self only. You will need to authenticate as the host who owns the information. It is possible to allow site admin to retrieve this data, but the primary account contact for your WebEx site will need to contact the WebEx account manager to make a change request to enable a configuration option named, "Include access codes in API and user export CSV".

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

nmorrow
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

For data security purposes, some information is available to self only. You will need to authenticate as the host who owns the information. It is possible to allow site admin to retrieve this data, but the primary account contact for your WebEx site will need to contact the WebEx account manager to make a change request to enable a configuration option named, "Include access codes in API and user export CSV".

Thanks Nathan. I will go and do that now.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: