cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot get AXL working with PHP. Please help!

mgowland
Level 1
Level 1

Hey I'm struggling to establish a connection to cucm using PHP.  Ive basically just copy pasted the PHP code on the getting started page but I keep getting the following error:

SoapFault: SoapFault exception: [HTTP] Could not connect to host in /Users/matt/Documents/cucm/CreateUserCUCM.php:33

Stack trace:

#0 [internal function]: SoapClient->__doRequest('<?xml version="...', 'https://10.10.2...', 'CUCM:DB ver=9.0...', 1, 0)

#1 /Users/matt/Documents/cucm/CreateUserCUCM.php(17): SoapClient->__call('getPhone', Array)

#2 {main}

I can connect to the server just fine so I know its not a reachability issue. Its gotta be with the soap request itself.  I am running PHP 7 on my Mac, connected to a cisco sandbox. Tried v11 and 11.5. Using the latest wsdl I got from plugins page on CUCM and ive got the other two xsd files in same directory as my script too. The script I'm running is

<?php

$host="10.10.20.1";

$username="administrator";

$password="ciscopsdt";

$context = stream_context_create(array('ssl'=>array('allow_self_signed'=>true )));

$client = new SoapClient("./AXLAPI.wsdl",

array('trace'=>true,

'exceptions'=>true,

'location'=>"https://".$host.":8443/axl",

'login'=>$username,

'password'=>$password,

'stream_context'=>$context //Ive tried removing this option

));

try {

$response = $client->getPhone(array("name"=>"CSFUSER001"));

}

catch (SoapFault $sf) {

echo "SoapFault: " . $sf . "<BR>";

exit();

}

catch (Exception $e) {

echo "Exception: ". $e ."<br>";

exit();

}

?>

I can get it to work using a soap plugin for Chrome, albeit it was very picky about the xmlns. getPhone would only work when namespaces were specified as below...  How can I check PHP is applying the namespaces correctly?:

<x:Envelope xmlns:x="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:axl="http://www.cisco.com/AXL/API/11.0">

<x:Header/>

<x:Body>

<axl:getPhone>

<name>CSFUSER001</name>

</axl:getPhone>

</x:Body>

</x:Envelope>

Anyway I would really appreciate the help, i seriously cant figure it out! Thanks guys!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

My suspicion would be that the hostname present in the certificate does not match the host name you are including in your URL, i.e. '10.10.2.x'.  Assuming your CUCM is configured with a name as hostname, modifying your URL to use the CUCM hostname may fix it.

Or, if you want to also ignore host name checking, you can use some additional values in the stream context:

$context = stream_context_create([

'ssl' => [

// set some SSL/TLS specific options

'verify_peer' => false,

'verify_peer_name' => false,

'allow_self_signed' => true

]

]);

or, even better, download the CUCM cert, and use it for a secure connection: PHP: SoapClient::SoapClient - Manual

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

My suspicion would be that the hostname present in the certificate does not match the host name you are including in your URL, i.e. '10.10.2.x'.  Assuming your CUCM is configured with a name as hostname, modifying your URL to use the CUCM hostname may fix it.

Or, if you want to also ignore host name checking, you can use some additional values in the stream context:

$context = stream_context_create([

'ssl' => [

// set some SSL/TLS specific options

'verify_peer' => false,

'verify_peer_name' => false,

'allow_self_signed' => true

]

]);

or, even better, download the CUCM cert, and use it for a secure connection: PHP: SoapClient::SoapClient - Manual

Perfect! Thanks heaps!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: