Views
Helpful
Replies

Devices in Projects - stale entries

Seb Rupik
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi all,

I'm writing a script which creates a PnP project populating it with devices based on assigned tags. You can't add a device to a project if it is present in an existing project, also the only way I can find to 'reset' a device and get it's state into PENDING is to delete the pnp-device object (there doesn't seem to be an applicable state you can assign via the PUT /pnp-device API call).

So after removing all my PnP projects and believing I have deleted all relevant PnP devices, I'm left in this strange state:

pnp.png

How can I have 50 devices in projects when none exist?

Clearly my API calls have caused some confusion to APIC-EM, but where does it get the number of 50 from?

Incidentally GET /pnp-device/count gives a result of 11, and listing them with GET /pnp-device , all of them were added to APIC-EM via discovery.

cheers,

Seb.

1 Reply 1

Seb Rupik
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

So I've got a little further...

GET /pnp-search with a 'state': 'PENDING' parameter, shows me all 50 devices with a 'site' value refernecing a non-existent project.

Using the serialNumber of a device and GET /pnp-device I retrieve the pnp-device ID which I used with DELETE /pnp-device/{deviceId}

This has done something to APIC-EM as after deleting one device it now looks like:

pnp2.png

Still, it would be good if APIC-EM did a sanity check to see if projects referenced by pnp-device objects actually existed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

This community is intended for developer topics around Data Center technology and products. If you are looking for a non-developer topic about Data Center, you might find additional information in the Data Center and Cloud community