cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Creating line templates not working

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

I'm trying to create my own device templates. And ideally, they should have a line as well.

So I sat down and quickly coded something, and fired it off. First CUCM would moan about my pattern when I wanted to use an alphanumeric string:

Device or Intercom Directory Number Invalid. Accepts numbers, X, + and the following: *#[]^+?!- Regular expression used to validate:^[]0-9*#X[^+?!\-]{1,50}$

That rang a bell.. isn't there some kind of field that specifies what the directoryNumber is used for? Sure enough there is.. it's the usage tag. So, I set the value to "Device template" and tried again, and the error was the same. But, I said, the validation rules as outlined in the DB schema tell a different story - the regex for the dnorpattern field should be rule RFI-134 which has this regex that my name satisfies:

^[a-zA-Z 0-9._-]{1,50}$

So I went back to the AXL documentation, and there's a note for the usage tag

For Intercom DN and Intercom Translation patterns the usage tag value needs to be specified explicitly as Device Intercom and Translation Intercom respectively. For all other patterns it is a Read-only tag.

So, have I got this right.. you can't create template lines?

1 Reply 1

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

Well, I found a workaround, but it's ugly. Insert a very basic dn into the numplan table that just has the name and usage set to the proper value. Then extract, modify and update. But I think AXL should permit me to do this without going directly to the database.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: