Views
Helpful
Replies

S3260 LUN resizing not supported

jacob.moritz
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings,

Recently I deployed two S3260 storage servers, provisioned LUNs and and now need to resize a data LUN. I'm reading through configuration guide under the "Storage Profiles" subsection. It seems the resizing of LUNs is not supported, or maybe it is just the boot LUN that cannot be resize. The way the paragraph reads it's not clear if LUN Resizing is not supported across the board or just Boot LUNs:

Storage Profiles

To allow flexibility in defining the number of storage disks, roles and usage of these disks, and other storage

parameters,you can create and use storage profiles. A storage profile encapsulates the storage requirements

for one or more service profiles. LUNs configured in a storage profile can be used as boot LUNs or data LUNs,

and can be dedicated to a specific server . You can also specify a local LUN as a boot device. However, LUN

resizing is not supported.

Can somebody please confirm whether they successfully resized a data LUN, or if it in fact not a supported procedure?

This is quite inflexible and implies one would have to jockey data around in order to create a bigger LUN. I hope that's not the case. If so, I'd hope Cisco is working on making this 'supported'.

Thanks,

Jacob

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card