cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Downloading/using Jabber for collaboration sandbox

rich21
Level 1
Level 1

I have reserved and started doing some things in the Collaboration 11.5 Sandbox. The next steps in my own testing is to connect a jabber client to one of the 20 preprovisioned devices, but I cannot find out how to download jabber for Windows 10.

Did I miss a link for Collaboration Sandbox users to use to download and install Jabber?

I find mention on these forums of many other people having this same problem, the answer usually seems to be "I'll email you a link while we work on a better way to make Jabber available to sandbox lab users."  So I am hoping a better way has been found or made and I just missed it.

Thank you.

5 Replies 5

rich21
Level 1
Level 1

I have made no progress - I was informed by one kind soul from Cisco that "Cisco software requires  a service contract for the product in question" which is sensible enough in general but nonsense in the context of having an active reservation for an 11.5 sandbox for Collaboration. 

They also mentioned "Please do not hesitate to contact me in case of questions."  But though I immediately replied (now 4 days ago?) that I think they misconstrued my question and asked again in a different way making it more clear I'm doing one of the labs and pointing out exactly where in the documentation for the lab that it says I have the ability to register 20 clients against this, I haven't heard back.

Does anyone have information on how to get my hands on a Jabber install to use the Jabber registrations for testing of the Collaboration software, as per the last page here?

https://devnetsandbox.cisco.com/sandbox-instructions/Collaboration_SJ_11.5/Collaboration_11.5_instructions_update.pdf

I'm moving this thread to the DevNet Sandbox forum so that the Sandbox team can assist.

Thank you.

Hello Rich,

We still don't have a permanent download location for jabber at this time. Please download it from here: https://cisco.box.com/s/m4c8f4v1cvhqfuevmm5aon0fr63iiuiv

Thanks!

Jacob

Hi Jacob,

My customer is having the same issue. Is there a way we can download it somewhere and connect it to the sandbox environment? The link you have shared is broken and unaccesible.

Thanks

Nikki

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: