cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Two Port MAC Relay

dabrooks
Level 1
Level 1

I have an issue when I connect a Tablet to a Docking Station to a Cisco 7911 Phone that is then connected to a LAN Switch port. The LAN Switch port is configured with Port Security and a MAC address limit of 5.

What is happening in some situations is that when a Tablet is connected and then disconnected, the MAC address is not being flushed from the MAC Table on the LAN Switch. This eventually results in the MAC address limit being exceeded on the port and the port shutting down.

This situation occurs only when the Capabilities are shown as 'Host Phone' when the 'show cdp nei' command is issued on the LAN Switch.

When the Capabilities are shown as 'Host Phone Two-port Mac Relay' the MAC address is flushed when the Tablet is disconnected and therefore never results in the MAC address limit being exceeded.

I would like to understand how the Capabilities can be set to 'Host Phone Two-port Mac Relay' so the issue we have does not occur. We have carried out tests and does not seem to be an IP Phone setting on Call Manager or a specific setting on the LAN Switch port.

1 Reply 1

Colotarioj
Level 1
Level 1
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card