cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

termtimeout not working

TONY COOPER
Level 4
Level 4

HI, I have cvp 11.5 using digits or digits w/ confirm.  I have added the termtimeout property to each element, however I see a no match indicated for each element past the first when attempting to terminate the entry hash sign. #

1 Reply 1

janinegraves
Spotlight
Spotlight

1.The DTMF # is the terminating character by default, you should not configure anything. Just set MinDigits and MaxDigits.

Note that after MaxDigits, the gateway moves on, it doesn't wait for #, so if necessary, set MaxDigits larger.

2. Cisco's default interdigittimeout is 10s - so you may want to shorten that (it's set as a VoiceXML Property

Name: interdigittimeout Value: 5s  be sure to use the time unit 's' indicating seconds, else they assume milliseconds). Again note that as soon as caller enters the MaxDigits, the gateway stops listening, so if caller enters MaxDigits followed by #, the # barges in on the next audio element.

3 termtimeout is NOT supported by the dtmf-gateway, only when you have a nuance speech server. With nuance, it is used to indicate the amount of time after the MaxDigits are entered that nuance should wait for the # from the caller.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: