Views
Helpful
Replies

Number of conditions in profiling

martucci
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

A customer has asked if we have a maximum number of conditions that can be used within a profiling policies?

Thanks a lot

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

This is not in our ISE Performance & Scale page or recent searches. I will ask that our SME chyps provide his input as well. Unlikely they will reach a max or even go over the number of conditions that we have in our canned profiles with Medical NAC and other iOT devices.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can they provide an example? They can post here as well

Thanks Jason, they are just asking after a detailed presentation on how profiles are created.  I told them that most likely they will not need to create custom profiles, and even in that case, they will mostly not not have a lot of conditions (I would say no more than the workstation one).

They are just curious. Not a problem if it was not tested.

This is not in our ISE Performance & Scale page or recent searches. I will ask that our SME chyps provide his input as well. Unlikely they will reach a max or even go over the number of conditions that we have in our canned profiles with Medical NAC and other iOT devices.

The QA guidance we use for testing includes the following:

• Profiling Policies         2000
  • Rules per Policy         50 (Max 5 profiles); 10 (Max 50 profiles); 3 (Remaining profiles)
  • Conditions per Rule    10 (Max 10 rules); 3 (Max 100 rules); 1 (Remaining rules)

The Profiling Design Guide provides details on custom profile creation.

Craig

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: