Views
Helpful
Replies

Twice log in at the mobile phone when I click the URL

chamtomato
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Experts.

People who want to take the live Training Center meeting login on the my Learning Management System.

At the web browser on the PC, they click the Meeting URL and then access Training Center without re-login

But the Mobile phone, they click the Meeting URL , open the Webex apps and then type email address and password.

I would like to make that works on the mobile as the web browser does on the PC.

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

API cannot pass personally identifiable information, such as email address, to mobile app due to platform specific app behavior and possibly additional security considerations. Mobile app must have stored email address from manual user input or mobile device profile. This does not affect desktop computer usage. I cannot provide a workaround beyond training users to use desktop computer or manually configure the mobile app.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

nmorrow
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

The URL API cannot pass attendee name or email to the mobile application. The mobile application gets attendee name and email from the mobile device or from manually entering the information in the mobile app. It is my understanding that meeting password should be passed along to the mobile app, however, along with the meeting key, but missing attendee email may impact that feature. Can you comment on behavior when the mobile app or device has stored information for both name and email? Can you also comment on behavior when using the join link in a regular WebEx generated email invitation, specifically in regards to meeting password, but also when name and email are stored in the device and/or app?

Hi! Nathan

Thanks for your reply.

This is what you're asking me.

1. Can you comment on behavior when the mobile app or device has stored information for both name and email?

--> they use only email address for identifying users. that information has Web-based Learning Manage Ment System.
      When they click the URL to attend the meeting, they want to send email address to WebEx Mobile for identifying users
     It is very important for someone to track the history of attendance and most of people doesn't know their id (email address)

2. Can you also comment on behavior when using the join link in a regular WebEx generated email invitation, specifically in regards to meeting password, but also when name and email are stored in the device and/or app?”

--> Lots of people doesn't have email address, they only use the email address for identifying users.

If users click URL on the email on the Mobile phone, Can they access the WebEx Mobile without entering username and password.

Thanks in advance

Hello,

API cannot pass personally identifiable information, such as email address, to mobile app due to platform specific app behavior and possibly additional security considerations. Mobile app must have stored email address from manual user input or mobile device profile. This does not affect desktop computer usage. I cannot provide a workaround beyond training users to use desktop computer or manually configure the mobile app.