cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse events for ECE web chat?

sbalmos8089
Level 1
Level 1

Does the Finesse Notification Service provide any events to gadgets for ECE actions - namely the starting and stopping of a web chat? A customer is converting to ECE from an older, customized WIM install. The customization allowed for a screen pop to the appropriate CRM customer record based on incoming web chat variables, upon agent acceptance of the incoming web chat. There are other customization requirements, but this is the most pertinent at the moment. Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Denise,

Yeah, I forgot about this one too. In the time since I filed it, I POC’d it up in a local environment here. The normal Finesse event stream fires off media dialog events for ECE chats, along with the mapped PVs/ECCs set up in the ECE queue, we’re good there. I’ve separately determined under the covers the API calls necessary to access the chat transcript after a chat has been completed. You can close this ticket too. Thanks!

--S

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Scott,

Not that I'm aware of, but don't quote me on that. I'm not an expert in ECE.

Thanx,

Denise

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Sorry for the delay. I got confirmation from the team that the events are available, but screenpops or workflows for non-voice events are not supported.

Thanx,

Denise

Hi Denise,

Yeah, I forgot about this one too. In the time since I filed it, I POC’d it up in a local environment here. The normal Finesse event stream fires off media dialog events for ECE chats, along with the mapped PVs/ECCs set up in the ECE queue, we’re good there. I’ve separately determined under the covers the API calls necessary to access the chat transcript after a chat has been completed. You can close this ticket too. Thanks!

--S

Ive tried catching this with handleNewDialog events. Unfortunately, its not firing. Do you have a snippet of it?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: