Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple standalone AD Support - ACS

stcudwor@cisco.com
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi All,

I have a requirement to authenticate to 2 separate instances of Active Directory from ACS.

I have found that we can only support one AD from a single ACS node but that single node can support multi domain if a trust exists between them.

I then found a document that intimates we can connect to multiple ADs if they are on different ACS nodes in a cluster.

My question is does anybody have any experience with this and if you do connect to different ADs across a cluster, is the authetication then shared across the entire cluster?

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5-8/ACS-ADIntegration/guide/Active_Dir…

All help appreciated!

Regards

Steve.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

kthiruve
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Steve,

As long as that server is the authenticating server for clients, they would authenticate to a different AD. For this you need to setup the Radius server in the Network Devices with this ACS secondary.

Hope it helps

Thanks

Krishnan

Sent from my iPhone

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

kthiruve
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Steve,

As long as that server is the authenticating server for clients, they would authenticate to a different AD. For this you need to setup the Radius server in the Network Devices with this ACS secondary.

Hope it helps

Thanks

Krishnan

Sent from my iPhone