cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse make a call

BTciscoN00b
Level 1
Level 1

When making an outbound call (make a call) from Finesse (or Finesse API) where does that call go to get routed?

Call routes differently when dialed from inside of Finesse than if they were dialed from the phone directly.

The calls go to UCM to be routed when coming directly from the phone.

Where do the calls go if routing from Finesse?

Where is this set up?

2 Replies 2

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

All of the calls from Finesse goes via UCCE/UCCX which will eventually get routed via UCM. There shouldn't be a difference in behavior if the same number was called via Finesse and the Phone. The only exception is if the agent is not logged in and the call was made via the phone.

Thanx,

Denise

That is what I thought and then was confused when test calls in a customer's environment did not support this.

I found that the call made from the phone (while logged in) gave an error message (which makes sense, because there was nothing in UCM for that number).

However when I called the same number from inside the Finesse interface, it got to an agent. The number is configured in ICM, so that is how it got to the agent via the routing script. I just didn't know how the call got to ICM.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: