Views
Helpful
Replies

CVP Gateway Files - alaw

Gerry O'Rourke
Spotlight
Spotlight

Maybe this is an obvious one?

But I need to do a little debugging to confirm.

My assumption is that if using a gateway or cube and you are setting CVP for alaw that the Gateway audio files that you upload and store on the flash should be alaw as well.

e.g. convert the files such as ringback.wav to alaw.

i.e. The audio files on the IIS (Media) server and VXML Tomcat Server will be alaw.

and therefore, we shoudl also convert the gateway audio files such as ringtone.wav to alaw?

I assume so...

Anyone know if this is NOT the case?

Also - the CVP 11.5 ringback tcl script has the following in it.

#1.Playtone requires DSP’s.  We sell bundles that don’t have DSP’s for VXML gateways.  CUBE may also not have DSP’s.  Can’t we force a media name so that we don’t default to playtone?

I assume that this is not accurate? Is it? i.e. that you need a DSP to play the ringback?

If so, if using CUBEs, it best NOT to play ringback on Cube but just use VVB server.

I will need to test to confirm.

Regards,

Gerry

Example configuration (alaw) for ringtone capability code on a IOS gateway.

!

voice class codec 1

codec preference 1 g711alaw

codec preference 2 g729r8

!

application

service ringtone flash:ringtone.tcl

!

dial-peer voice 9191 voip

description SIP ringtone dial-peer

service ringtone

voice-class codec 1

voice-class sip rel1xx disable

incoming called-number 919191T

dtmf-relay rtp-nte

no vad

!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ptindall
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, replace the gateway wav files with A-law versions.  There should be a set on the CVP media.  Ringtone.tcl doesn't need DSPs; it plays media files.  Playtone is a reference to the TCL playtone command which isn't used.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

ptindall
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, replace the gateway wav files with A-law versions.  There should be a set on the CVP media.  Ringtone.tcl doesn't need DSPs; it plays media files.  Playtone is a reference to the TCL playtone command which isn't used.

Thanks Paul.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: