Views
Helpful
Replies

My Device Portal Bulk Import Feature

iurikura
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Team,

My customer want to import and manage 100+ devices per one user in "my device portal".

Partner and I tried to import CSV file with PortalUser declared, however couldn't find imported endpoints at my device portal.

Can we support multiple device registration via CSV?

If possible could you please let me know any workaround to complete this?

Thank you,

Itaru

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The PortalUser attribute (the one by itself).  You will also need the first 3 fields of MAC, Profile, and Group.  I would also set DeviceRegistrationStatus.  I recommend exporting an entry that has been registered to a user and following that info.

Go to Context Visibility > Import (from device display menu) > Import from File > Generate Template.

ISE 2.3 Example Template:

MACAddress,EndPointPolicy,IdentityGroup,PortalUser.GuestType,Description,PortalUser.Location,PortalUser.GuestStatus,

StaticAssignment,User-Name,DeviceRegistrationStatus,PortalUser.CreationType,AUPAccepted,PortalUser.EmailAddress,

PortalUser.PhoneNumber,FirstName,ip,DeviceType,host-name,StaticGroupAssignment,MDMEnrolled,MDMOSVersion,PortalUser.LastName,

PortalUser.GuestSponsor,EmailAddress,PortalUser,PortalUser.FirstName,BYODRegistration,MDMServerName,LastName,

MDMServerID,Location,CUSTOM.Attribute1,CUSTOM.Attribute2,CUSTOM.Attribute3,

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Craig Hyps
Level 10
Level 10

No, from a given user portal, the the portal user IS the logged in user.  To import endpoints with different portal users, you must do this from Admin UI > Context Visibility.  You could also use ERS API to programmatically update registration list.

Hi Creig,

Thank you for the reply.

Understood. When I import devices related to a specific user, which field should I fill in template.csv?

Regards,

Itaru

The PortalUser attribute (the one by itself).  You will also need the first 3 fields of MAC, Profile, and Group.  I would also set DeviceRegistrationStatus.  I recommend exporting an entry that has been registered to a user and following that info.

Go to Context Visibility > Import (from device display menu) > Import from File > Generate Template.

ISE 2.3 Example Template:

MACAddress,EndPointPolicy,IdentityGroup,PortalUser.GuestType,Description,PortalUser.Location,PortalUser.GuestStatus,

StaticAssignment,User-Name,DeviceRegistrationStatus,PortalUser.CreationType,AUPAccepted,PortalUser.EmailAddress,

PortalUser.PhoneNumber,FirstName,ip,DeviceType,host-name,StaticGroupAssignment,MDMEnrolled,MDMOSVersion,PortalUser.LastName,

PortalUser.GuestSponsor,EmailAddress,PortalUser,PortalUser.FirstName,BYODRegistration,MDMServerName,LastName,

MDMServerID,Location,CUSTOM.Attribute1,CUSTOM.Attribute2,CUSTOM.Attribute3,