Views
Helpful
Replies

ACI Learning Labs problem

c1sc0d1sc0
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm stuck with a problem on ACI Programmability Options lab, section APIC Sandbox Environment Setup, it says:

# From within the correct virtual environment (venv) apic_fabric_setup\ $ python baseline.py

# Expected Output

Baselining APIC Simulator for Learning Labs

Setting up Fabric Nodes

Configuring Fabric Policies

Setting up Common Tenant

Setting up Heroes Tenant

Setting up SnV Tenant

But my output is:

(venv) C:\Python27\aci-learning-labs-code-samples\apic_fabric_setup>baseline.py

Baselining APIC Simulator for Learning Labs

Setting up Fabric Nodes

Configuring Fabric Policies

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "C:\Python27\aci-learning-labs-code-samples\apic_fabric_setup\baseline.py", line 11, in <module>

import startup_script

File "C:\Python27\aci-learning-labs-code-samples\apic_fabric_setup\startup_script.py", line 225, in <module>

md.commit(c)

File "c:\python27\lib\site-packages\acicobra-3.0_1k-py2.7.egg\cobra\mit\access.py", line 63, in commit

return self._accessImpl.post(configObject)

File "c:\python27\lib\site-packages\acicobra-3.0_1k-py2.7.egg\cobra\internal\rest\accessimpl.py", line 176, in post

return self.__parseError(rsp, CommitError, rsp.status_code)

File "c:\python27\lib\site-packages\acicobra-3.0_1k-py2.7.egg\cobra\internal\rest\accessimpl.py", line 234, in __parseError

parseXMLError(rsp.text, errorClass, httpCode)

File "c:\python27\lib\site-packages\acicobra-3.0_1k-py2.7.egg\cobra\mit\xmlcodec.py", line 15, in parseXMLError

raise errorClass(int(errorCode), errorStr, httpCode)

cobra.mit.request.CommitError: Validation failed: Validation failed for node: 102Overlapping interfaces. Last examined: uni/infra/accportprof-dci-l3out-104

Any ideas what I may have done wrong?

Thanks,

6 Replies 6

yawming
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You are NOT doing anything wrong.

Overlapping interfaces - server has something already configured

Hello all, so what is the fix here?  I am running into a similar issue within the 1st page of the 

Intermediate ACI Programmability module

I run the baseline.py script and I get the following , looks like it is not able to import anything in the cobra library:

(venv) C:\Python27\CISCO_DEVNET\aci-learning-labs-code-samples\apic_fabric_setup>python baseline.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "baseline.py", line 11, in <module>
import startup_script
File "C:\Python27\CISCO_DEVNET\aci-learning-labs-code-samples\apic_fabric_setup\startup_script.py", line 3, in <module>
import cobra.mit.access
File "C:\Python27\CISCO_DEVNET\aci-learning-labs-code-samples\venv\lib\site-packages\acicobra-3.2_1m-py2.7.egg\cobra\mit\__init__.py", line 2, in <module>
from ._mit import Mit
File "C:\Python27\CISCO_DEVNET\aci-learning-labs-code-samples\venv\lib\site-packages\acicobra-3.2_1m-py2.7.egg\cobra\mit\_mit.py", line 8, in <module>
topRoot = importlib.import_module('cobra.model.top')
File "C:\Python27\Lib\importlib\__init__.py", line 37, in import_module
__import__(name)
ImportError: No module named model.top

I had same issue with interface profiles- validation failed overlapping interfaces error

the solution was that I was missing the to and from port in the range.

"children": [{
"infraPortBlk": {
"attributes": {
"dn": "uni/infra/accportprof-LEAF{{node}}/hports-E{{port}}-typ-range/portblk-block2",
"fromPort": "{{port}}",
"toPort": "{{port}}",

I added those two values and it now works.

the APIC API blows.  I'm running 4 code and i'm getting the same error from my APIC.  I go and delete the interface from the access port selector list and then try to readd it thru API and can't.

Their validation is not in sync with is showing up in the APIC GUI.  It seems like once you create a policy in the GUI, you can't recreate it in the API if it's ever been created.  There must be something somewhere else holding onto the values in the port profile/interface selecctors.

Did you ever get a solution to this issue?

Could you resolve the issue?

Alejandro AP .:|:.:|:.
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Get into the sandbox and delete what ever policy is giving a duplicate, it is just giving you and error because someone else already ran the script on the same sandbox which is causing the duplicate/overlap.

I did this and it worked fine.

Cheers,

Alejandro Avila Picado .:|:.:|:.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

This community is intended for developer topics around Data Center technology and products. If you are looking for a non-developer topic about Data Center, you might find additional information in the Data Center and Cloud community