cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

APIC-EM Device Inventory IP Address Issue

adammmorton
Level 1
Level 1

I have APIC-EM installed and use it to configure routers and switches.  We use 1921s, 3750Xs, and 2960Ss. (I know, old and outdated but that's what I have to work with for now.)  I connect the switches to the management port in my office to configure them before I ship them to our various facilities.  The IP address that's recorded in the inventory manager stays that IP address.  Obviously APIC-EM is unable to poll the device as the facilities have different IP space.  Is there a way to have the device check back in with the controller to update the polling IP address?  I don't want to waste a switchport by plugging a jumper wire from the management port into the internal network and the 1921 does not have a management port.  (I initially use G0/0 interface to configure it)  I want it to check back in with the SVI IP address, or LAN IP address in the case of the router, that's put on it.  At the very least, is there any way to edit the IP address in the Device Inventory without writing API calls (Not sure if there even is an API call for this) or modifying the database?

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

This community is intended for developer topics around Data Center technology and products. If you are looking for a non-developer topic about Data Center, you might find additional information in the Data Center and Cloud community