Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 10 race conditions bug

I noticed this bug quite a long time ago, have not been able to found anything related in the community discussions though.

Here is what it takes to reproduce it:

I created 2 empty scripts with 3 string parameter variables as follows:

Then I created 2 applications and assigned these 2 scripts to them:

Then the fun begins.

That's what happens when you're opening these 2 applications in different tabs real quick, one by one (mind the app names, applications IDs, script names and the variables):

If I click TestApp1 first:

If I click TestApp2 first:

Ok, let's try modifying the variables when we have this "mixed" mode. These screenshots depict the state before I clicked Update:

I clicked update, applied the changes and then choose the TestApp2 from the applications list and here we are:

Even though we have not changed the variables, TestApp2 now has variables from TestApp1 in its web configuration page. Not sure if UCCX programmers have heard anything about race conditions, but it is a textbook case as it seems.

So if you don't pay close attention to the variables' names you can break down your call center quite easily. I am not sure though what is happening under the hood when you mix up 2 applications that are using 2 scripts that are using variables with the same names.

The UCCX version I use here is 10.6.1.10000-39. I have also seen this behavior in 8.x, so it has not been fixed in 2 major versions. I do not have access to the latest version (what is it, 11 or 12 already?), probably somebody can try reproducing it on their setup, it only takes about 5 minutes.

Kind regards, Andrew C.
2 Replies 2

tannerezell
Level 1
Level 1

Actually this can be simplified a bit, essentially the last application tab opened is the one UCCX will apply configuration changes to. It's really annoying when you setup a sandbox app of a production app and want to promote one.

This has been around forever though, I doubt we'll see it fixed anytime soon.

I don't quite understand why this issue is not considered critical by Cisco. I personally broke down production applications a couple of times because of that, before I realized what exactly is happening here. In fact, the overall quality of UC products suite is incredibly low, when it comes to the administration page UX.

Kind regards, Andrew C.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: