Views
Helpful
Replies

ESA and CES in Hybrid

T Ringwelski
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

Does anyone have info or can point me in the direction for a Hybrid architecture, customer wants to use on premises for primay and in event of failure, would like to fail to Cloud CES.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

T Ringwelski
Level 5
Level 5

This can be done by simply adding additional MX records in DNS with higher values (lower priority) for CES. Set the on-prem priority to 0 and set the CES priority to 10.

One side effect of this is that spammers like to find lower priority email systems and send their garbage through that way. They like doing this thinking that they are older systems that are easier to get spam through. You’ll see this in the incoming mail statistics on the CES cluster that is set at the lower priority.

tringwelski wrote:

Hi,

Does anyone have info or can point me in the direction for a Hybrid architecture, customer wants to use on premises for primay and in event of failure, would like to fail to Cloud CES.

Thanks

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

T Ringwelski
Level 5
Level 5

This can be done by simply adding additional MX records in DNS with higher values (lower priority) for CES. Set the on-prem priority to 0 and set the CES priority to 10.

One side effect of this is that spammers like to find lower priority email systems and send their garbage through that way. They like doing this thinking that they are older systems that are easier to get spam through. You’ll see this in the incoming mail statistics on the CES cluster that is set at the lower priority.

tringwelski wrote:

Hi,

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: