Views
Helpful
Replies

Transfer CallType and Event Sequence

kpickard
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Denise.

I have a question on transfers, callTypes and the corresponding event sequence.

In the scenario where Agent1 receives an ACD call dialog #1 ("PREROUTE_ACD_IN") and transfers the call to Agent2 we normally see something like the following on Agent2.

Sequence 1:

==========

callType "CONSULT" dialog #2 (Agent1 to Agent2)

callType "TRANSFER" dialog #1 (includes original caller, Agent1 drops off)

DeleteDialog for dialog #2

Agent2 now talking to customer on dialog #1

But recently we have seen the following variation.

Sequence 2:

==========

callType "TRANSFER" dialog #2 (both Agents and original caller, Agent1 is dropping off)

DeleteDialog for dialog #2

callType "OTHER_IN" dialog #1 (Agent2 and original caller)

Agent2 now talking to customer on dialog #1

This event sequence is being seen on a 10.5.1 system. The first sequence we have previously seen on similar 10.5.1 systems but not on this particular system.

My questions are:

1. Is it normal/expected for the customer to appear on the initial consult/transfer leg seen by Agent2?

2. Is it normal/expected for this call leg then to be deleted before the original call with customer is presented to Agent2?

3. Is it normal/expected for the original call when presented to Agent2 to have callType "OTHER_IN"?

Thank you for any insight you can provide Denise.

2 Replies 2

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

1. Is it normal/expected for the customer to appear on the initial consult/transfer leg seen by Agent2?

No, the customer shouldn't appear on the initial consult. The sequence 2 doesn't seem quite right. Finesse receives these events from CCE/CCX. I would take a look at what the CTI is sending Finesse to confirm that this is what it is receiving, then take a look at the CTI logs. If it is indeed coming from the CTI, you would have to chase that down with CCE/CCX.

2. Is it normal/expected for this call leg then to be deleted before the original call with customer is presented to Agent2?

The order of events isn't guaranteed. So if all of the events are coming within milliseconds of each other, it is fine. The Finesse agent desktop just blindly displays whatever events it gets.

3. Is it normal/expected for the original call when presented to Agent2 to have callType "OTHER_IN"?

Scenario 1 is the typical situation I see. Again, this calltype usually sent by CCE/CCX, so it is whatever they want to put it. My suspicion is that you will have to chase it down through CCE/CCX.

Thanx,

Denise

Thank you Denise.