cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

voice browser's fetch timeout occurred when using voicexml insert element

xiaosen weng
Level 1
Level 1

I write a call studio application, use voicexml insert element,and i test it, see that the call session can't stop until 30 minutes.  what's the problem for me?

the application ActivityLog shows as follows

192.168.1.13.1518148457925.7.inbound,02/09/2018 12:24:35.506,VXML_01,element,warning,

A session has timed out after 30 minutes.This is most likely caused by a start of call class or action element at the top of

the callflow not completing before the voice browser's fetch timeout occurred. To resolve it ensure this class executes in a timely manner or run it in the background.Session timeouts may also occur under high load or if there are issues with a load balancer or voice browser.

the application is as follow pictures.22.png

the simple.vxml is as floows.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<vxml version="2.0">

<form id="simpleVXML">
  <block name="paragraphGreeting">
   <prompt name="hello">
    <audio src="http://192.168.1.13:7000/CVP/en_us/simple.wav"/>
   </prompt>
  </block>
</form>

</vxml>

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ptindall
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That VoiceXML doc won't work as it stands with VoiceXML Insert.   There are some very specific things you need to do for it to work and it isn't well documented.   My recommendation would be to modify your external VoiceXML and call it using the Subdialog Invoke element.  Also, set your project properties session timeout value from the default 30 mins to something very short like 1 or 2 mins while testing.   (Enter the value explicitly as pull-down options don't give you less than 15 mins)

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Gerry O'Rourke
Spotlight
Spotlight

It might help to have a look at the VXML browser logs to see if you can see what issue occurs.

If using VVB here are details on creating a login account for logging and how to view logs in realtime:

http://orourke.tv/web/doku.php?id=cisco:uc:cvp:vvb&s[]=vvb#logging_commands

If using IOS for Voice Browser - use "debug voip application vxml all"

Gerry

ptindall
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That VoiceXML doc won't work as it stands with VoiceXML Insert.   There are some very specific things you need to do for it to work and it isn't well documented.   My recommendation would be to modify your external VoiceXML and call it using the Subdialog Invoke element.  Also, set your project properties session timeout value from the default 30 mins to something very short like 1 or 2 mins while testing.   (Enter the value explicitly as pull-down options don't give you less than 15 mins)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: