Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Primary and secondary PAN/MnT

danhamil
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

If I have a primary ISE node in a cluster with both PAN and MnT personas running on it, does my secondary PAN and MnT personas need to be deployed on the same node as well or can I have my secondary PAN persona on one node and my secondary MnT persona on a different node?

i.e. can I have an ISE node with both primary PAN and MnT personas deployed on the same node with a secondary PAN on one node and a backup MnT on a different ISE node?

Thanks,

Dan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Craig Hyps
Level 10
Level 10

We have 3 basic deployment models.  Although it may work just fine, anything outside these core configurations is untested by QA.  I would therefore recommend that you avoid undocumented deployment models due to lack of validation and predictability.  In short, if select Medium deployment model, both PAN+MNT nodes should be configured the same.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Craig Hyps
Level 10
Level 10

We have 3 basic deployment models.  Although it may work just fine, anything outside these core configurations is untested by QA.  I would therefore recommend that you avoid undocumented deployment models due to lack of validation and predictability.  In short, if select Medium deployment model, both PAN+MNT nodes should be configured the same.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: