Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE VM will not boot

jastorino
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

I am wondering what options might be available to recover an ISE VM that will no longer boot.

Background - ISE 2.3 install, VMware ESXi/vCenter.  The ESXi host ISE was running on lost access to it's storage.  At that point in time, the ISE VM console reported that it could not launch the ADEOS shell because the disk was full.  Powered off / on the VM and now it just hangs forever with nothing but a blinking white cursor. The storage is back up and running fine, but I feel like the file system might be corrupted.

Is there a recovery mode, recovery disk, or something I can do to get into the box and run some fsck commands or something to repair the file system and get the box back up and running?  Thanks

Joe

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If this is for a customer, please engage Cisco TAC to get the ISE rescue ISO. If it's for your own lab, contact me off the forum and I can provide you the info.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If this is for a customer, please engage Cisco TAC to get the ISE rescue ISO. If it's for your own lab, contact me off the forum and I can provide you the info.

Where can I get the Rescue ISO you mentioned?  I tried booting from the install iso but don't see any rescue options beyond resetiting the admin password.

Thanks.

Please work with TAC to get the ISO file. If VM, you may use other boot medium, such as System Rescue CD.

I run a lab in Cisco, and this exact thing pretty much happened.  ISE recovery disk possible?