cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber WEB SDK automatic zoom

kostar.peter
Level 1
Level 1

We have one issue device on street is using Jabber Web SDK to open a call to customer help agents.

On start everything is OK but later simply video image on agent side from device on street changes video from normal view to zoomed view.

It should not be caused by camera as we have confirmed from camera manufacture that camera has no auto zoom or auto-focus/ re-focus capabilities.

This is original picture from agent side showing video from device on street after few frames

OK.png

Video changes to zoomed video and remains in that mode for a while after few seconds it again switched to normal view and after a while it happened again.

NotOK.png

What could be a root cause for that behavior and how to switch it off ?

Could be something visible in logs?

Does the Jabber Web SDK have also automatic adaptation on bandwidth changes ?

Thanks for any hint.

1 Reply 1

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The Jabber Web SDK does not include any APIs or other facility for zooming the video, so I'm not sure what could be going wrong.  I strongly suspect something in the camera/driver/OS, however not ruling out the SDK itself.

If you are convinced the issue is in the Jabber plugin/SDK (e.g. you can reproduce using another standard web cam, another PC, etc.) I would recommend opening a ticket with Cisco DevNet so we can initiate some detailed troubleshooting with you: https://developer.cisco.com/site/devnet/support

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: