cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Create Finesse gadget to monitor social miner chat notifications.

sylvester
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are using social Miner/UCCX to route our third party chats into finesse agents.

We would also like to create a finesse gadget that monitors incoming chats for a particular agent and obtain a chat/call variable when they arrive similar to how the non-voice-media gadget: '/multisession/ui/gadgets/multisession-reply-gadget.jsp'

I believe I need to connect to the XMPP server service on the social miner, Is there any examples/documentation of this as Social miner developer guide and it only mentions an XMPP api for updating the config of the XMPP Server...

I understand also that I would need to monitor chat notifications for the logged in agent in finesse so I would assume I would require that agents details/JID ??

Thx

Sylvester.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

namahesh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Sylvester,

If you want to grab events (specifically, chat contact events) that arrive at a finesse agent's desktop, you can definitely do it using the OpenAJAX hub interface exposed by the finesse desktop for all the gadgets.

There is no XMPP involved here, and the SocialMiner XMPP server comes much later in the picture to orchestrate chat sesisons and chat media between the chat gadget and customer.

Essentially, you would want to subscribe to this openAJAX topic with ID cisco.ccp.multisession

and wait for a "start" JSON message that looks kinda like this:

"media":"cisco.ccp.media.chat",
  "type":"start",
  "scId":"E289BC571000015800000AF40A6B2DFD",
  "scRefUrl":"http://SM-DEV.cisco.com/ccp-webapp/ccp/socialcontact/E289BC571000015800000AF40A6B2DFD",
  "statusTimestamp":"1481269432428",
  "replyTemplate":"http://SM-DEV.cisco.com/multisession/ui/templates/reply/cisco_agent_ms_chat.jsp",
  "author": "Michael Littlefoot",
  "authToken":"******",
  "agentAlias":"agent7901",
  "agentId":"agent7901",
  "displayFields":[ 
  { 
  "name":"author",
  "displayName":"Customer",
  "displayValue":"Michael Littlefoot"
  },
  { 
  "name":"queue",
  "displayName":"Service Queue",
  "displayValue":"HungerGames"
  }
  ],
  "ccExtensionFields":[ 
  { 
  "name":"sequenceNumber",
  "value":"0"
  },
  { 
  "name":"agentId",
  "value":"agent7901"
  }
  ],
  "predefinedResponseGroups":{
  "global":"UCCX-CANNED-RESPONSE",
  "queue":"Chat_Csq7"
  }
}

This message is published on the hub once the agent accepts an offered chat contact. Your gadget can then process this message.
Specifically, the ccExtensionFields will contain all the variables which you can set while injecting chat into SocialMiner.

I hope this helps. Apologies for the delay in response.
Let me know if you need more info.

Thanks,

Nagendra U M

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

namahesh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Sylvester,

If you want to grab events (specifically, chat contact events) that arrive at a finesse agent's desktop, you can definitely do it using the OpenAJAX hub interface exposed by the finesse desktop for all the gadgets.

There is no XMPP involved here, and the SocialMiner XMPP server comes much later in the picture to orchestrate chat sesisons and chat media between the chat gadget and customer.

Essentially, you would want to subscribe to this openAJAX topic with ID cisco.ccp.multisession

and wait for a "start" JSON message that looks kinda like this:

"media":"cisco.ccp.media.chat",
  "type":"start",
  "scId":"E289BC571000015800000AF40A6B2DFD",
  "scRefUrl":"http://SM-DEV.cisco.com/ccp-webapp/ccp/socialcontact/E289BC571000015800000AF40A6B2DFD",
  "statusTimestamp":"1481269432428",
  "replyTemplate":"http://SM-DEV.cisco.com/multisession/ui/templates/reply/cisco_agent_ms_chat.jsp",
  "author": "Michael Littlefoot",
  "authToken":"******",
  "agentAlias":"agent7901",
  "agentId":"agent7901",
  "displayFields":[ 
  { 
  "name":"author",
  "displayName":"Customer",
  "displayValue":"Michael Littlefoot"
  },
  { 
  "name":"queue",
  "displayName":"Service Queue",
  "displayValue":"HungerGames"
  }
  ],
  "ccExtensionFields":[ 
  { 
  "name":"sequenceNumber",
  "value":"0"
  },
  { 
  "name":"agentId",
  "value":"agent7901"
  }
  ],
  "predefinedResponseGroups":{
  "global":"UCCX-CANNED-RESPONSE",
  "queue":"Chat_Csq7"
  }
}

This message is published on the hub once the agent accepts an offered chat contact. Your gadget can then process this message.
Specifically, the ccExtensionFields will contain all the variables which you can set while injecting chat into SocialMiner.

I hope this helps. Apologies for the delay in response.
Let me know if you need more info.

Thanks,

Nagendra U M

Thank you Nagendra for your response.. I will look into the OpenAJAX hub interface.

Sylvester.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: