cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

tying bib to cti events

phil.nwoha
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to match bib cisco invite to its corresponding cti event.  For instance for a particular call, the cisco bib guid is: 0429206016-0000065536-0000000135-1665425418.  However in the begin call event, the user.media.id value is "92100AD201E820C19E15000825A05F30".  Are those two values related?  If so how do i convert between the two?

10 Replies 10

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I believe the tie-in is via the global call ID for the call.  This should be found in the 'x-refci' field of the SIP FROM: header, and and via JTAPI CiscoCallID.GetGlobalCallID()

So essentially i can't get this info from the PG?

Hi,

When you say CTI events, I'm assuming that you are using the GED188 CTI protocol. To get the global call Id of the call from the begin call event, it is the ConnectionCallID field. See the BEGIN_CALL_EVENT table from the documentation.

Thanx,

Denise

Denise that is precisely what i mean however what i have noticed is thte the connection call id field does not match anything in the cisco bib siprec invite.

I don't know much about the Cisco Bib siprec invite, but per David's suggestion, you should be able to get the Call Id of the bib siprect invite.

This should be found in the 'x-refci' field of the SIP FROM: header

That call id should match the ConnectionCallID from the begin call event.

I just did a test in my lab.  The connection call id was: 16789617.  The x-refci was: 22155891

Hm...looking at the CTI spec, the only other one I can think of is

Untitled 6.png

I have a feeling that the only way to get this info would be through the jtapi interface.

The call ID is not limited to JTAPI/TAPI - it's global CUCM thing.  You can do recording (i.e. always on) without having any CTI app or involvement at all.

I don't know enough about PG APIs to know which particular variable (if any) contains the right call ID.  I might recommend opening a ticket with DevNet Developer Support - they will be able to engage with the right engineering folks to get a more definitive answer: https://developer.cisco.com/site/devnet/support/

AFAIK CTI-integrated recording situations were envisioned with TAPI/JTAPI in mind (I've not run into anyone trying to do it via PG APIs), though if you can map the global call ID as described, I don't see why it wouldn't be possible.

Thank you all for the very helpful answers.  What i have decided is to use the extension provided by sip rec and tie that (loosely) to the cti by always keeping track of the current call id that the extension is on.  I have found this to be working quite well.  I wanted a tighter way to tie the audio to the cti events but for now the extension will do.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: