Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE max sponsor sessions

csavas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

I am designing a large scale guest service for my customer.

We plan to have 114k concurrent active guest sessions which will be covered with 4x PSN and loadbalancer.

We will have roundabout 300 locations and ISE is deployed centrally. we will have two guest types: self register and self register with sponsor approval.

Customer is requesting that guest needs to show photo id to sponsor, thats why we will need for each location one sponsor.

This means #location = #sponsor.

I just want to prevent that we don't run in scaling issues when in worst case all sponsor login to sponsor portal same time.

I was not able to find any numbers for max concurrent sponsor sessions.

Thanks in advance,

Cengiz

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I would assume you’re going to set up an easy URL FQDN for the sponsors to use? i.e. sponsor.cisco.com and you’re going to use some sort of balancing across that? Global DNS locator? Anycast?

Will try to see if there are numbers for that but with 300 sites across 4 PSNs I don’t think there should be a problem, the real load comes from the guest auth which you should make sure to use auth based off endpoint group (remember me

Please see cisco live BRKSEC- 3699 for more information https://communities.cisco.com/docs/DOC-63882

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I would assume you’re going to set up an easy URL FQDN for the sponsors to use? i.e. sponsor.cisco.com and you’re going to use some sort of balancing across that? Global DNS locator? Anycast?

Will try to see if there are numbers for that but with 300 sites across 4 PSNs I don’t think there should be a problem, the real load comes from the guest auth which you should make sure to use auth based off endpoint group (remember me

Please see cisco live BRKSEC- 3699 for more information https://communities.cisco.com/docs/DOC-63882

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: