cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Portal Captive AP Autonomous

nstr1
Level 1
Level 1

I have an AP 2702i in autonomous mode, in which I am configuring a captive portal but when configuring it it shows me the following message (Warning: The CLI will be deprecated soon  'radius-server host 10,253,247,109 AUth-port 1812 acct-port 1813 key Cisco'  Please move to 'radius server <name>' CLI.

And once I connect to the SSID and I authenticate with my username and password it says (authentication error)

Also the AP shows me the following message (* Mar 1 14: 27: 34.251:% DOT11-6-DISASSOC: Interface Dot11Radio0, Deauthenticating S tation 34de.1a24.c3c2 Reason: Sending station has left the BSS * Mar 1 14: 27: 34.251:% DOT11-6-ASSOC: Interface Dot11Radio1, Station ap 34de.1a24. c3c2 Associated KEY_MGMT [NONE] )

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Pickles
Level 4
Level 4

The warning about moving to a new CLI is nothing to be concerned about.  It's just telling you that Cisco will be deprecating those RADIUS commands and they want you to move to using the cli command 'radius server <server name>' context.  However, I have experienced in some cases where despite the message the new context is not yet available on that particular version of IOS.  As for the message you're getting, that's not an authentication error.  That is just simply telling you the client has disassociated (for one of many different reasons).  You should be testing your AAA directly from the AP before you put any users on the SSID and using debugs:

test aaa group <radius server group name> <username> <password> legacy

debug aaa authentication

debug aaa authorization

There's also a debug command for tcp that sometimes goes along with this but I can't remember off the top of my head.

Regards,
Scott

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Scott Pickles
Level 4
Level 4

The warning about moving to a new CLI is nothing to be concerned about.  It's just telling you that Cisco will be deprecating those RADIUS commands and they want you to move to using the cli command 'radius server <server name>' context.  However, I have experienced in some cases where despite the message the new context is not yet available on that particular version of IOS.  As for the message you're getting, that's not an authentication error.  That is just simply telling you the client has disassociated (for one of many different reasons).  You should be testing your AAA directly from the AP before you put any users on the SSID and using debugs:

test aaa group <radius server group name> <username> <password> legacy

debug aaa authentication

debug aaa authorization

There's also a debug command for tcp that sometimes goes along with this but I can't remember off the top of my head.

Regards,
Scott

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card