cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MakeCall" Method in Ready state is not working in 11.6

Venkadesh54
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All - In 11.6 Agent able to make call using "Makecall" option in Finesse while he is in ready state, however when we call "MakeCall"API Method during ready state from my gadgets it is not working. is there any other configuration required to do make call from custom gadget when agent is in Ready state.

Regards

Venkadesh. M

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I got confirmation from the Finesse team that the make call from READY state is handled by the Finesse desktop. So, if you are using the REST APIs, you must first change the agent state from READY to NOT_READY, then you do the Make call.

Thanx,

Denise

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Are you using a CCE or CCX deployment? I tried this out on a CCX deployment and it worked correctly. I tried to use both the REST API as well as the JavaScript Library API.

Thanx,

Denise

Hi - I am using UCCE 11.6 platform.

Hi,

Can you provide the client logs and webservices logs showing the errors that you are getting? I need to get my hands on a 11.6 ucce system since I'm not able to reproduce the issue with a uccx system.

Thanx,

Denise

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I got confirmation from the Finesse team that the make call from READY state is handled by the Finesse desktop. So, if you are using the REST APIs, you must first change the agent state from READY to NOT_READY, then you do the Make call.

Thanx,

Denise

HI I am also Using finesse 11.6 with UCCE. While trying to make a call using makeCall in Ready state I am getting "Invalid Object State Error" can somebody suggest me the solution for it.

thanks

Navin Saxena  

Hi Navin,

If the user is in ready state, you need to use the Change Agent state API to move the user to NOT_READY before using the Make Call API.

Thanx,
Denise

HI Danise,

I want to clear that I am using finesse API and not the REST API. I can do that same thing(State Change and make Call) in Finesse 11.5 that what will be the advantage in Finesse 11.6 over 11.5 on this API Call.

Secondly I am getting Error while changing state from Ready To Not_Ready. Please clarify to me.
Thanks
Navin Saxena

Hi Navin,

When you say Finesse API, do you mean the JavaScript API? My response from before also applies to that as well. Yes, you could have done the same thing in 11.5 so there isn't any advantage in 11.6.

What is the error that you are getting when you change the state from ready to not ready?

Thanx,
Denise

Hi ,

I figured out that the error I was getting is not because of setState API. It was due to the form in gadget that was posting incorrect data automatically on call of setState API. I fixed that issue now I am able to set user state without an error.

Thanks
Navin Saxena
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: