Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.3 & RHEL Compatibility Question

ahmurad
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Team,

I have an ACS to ISE migration for both TACACS and RADIUS services.

The BOQ is built based on UCS C240-M4 with RHEL/KVM as hypervisior.

As per ISE 2.3 compatibility matrix, only RHEL 7.0 is supported, which means for me, that if we install 7.1, 7.2, 7.3, or even 7.4, we may face some compatibility issue.

The customer may ask if we can upgrade the RHEL in order to avoid any vulnerabilities and ensure that we have RHEL already patched.

Any thought on this?

Appreciate your feedback.

Thanks.

Ahmad.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

To start I just moved to the Public Community as it will get much better exposure

Were not going to test every iteration. 7.0 is a baseline and unless they made drastic changes then support should be the same

I would recommend you validate it running fine in the lab

I will go ahead and check with our testing teams as Likely they validated our newest release coming out soon with a newer 7.x

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

To start I just moved to the Public Community as it will get much better exposure

Were not going to test every iteration. 7.0 is a baseline and unless they made drastic changes then support should be the same

I would recommend you validate it running fine in the lab

I will go ahead and check with our testing teams as Likely they validated our newest release coming out soon with a newer 7.x

Thanks Jason,

I will test it on lab, meanwhile, please let me know in case you have any update from the testing teams.

I reviewed the release notes and compatibility document for 2.4 and RHEL still the same.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/2-4/compatibility/b_ise_sdt_24.html

Any thought?

Thanks.

I checked with our Product Manager kegagnon and he said there is no change, if you require further requirements then please reach out thru sales channel.  My analysis from above still holds the same.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: