cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Official Cisco statement on Jabber device support

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

Depending on which release documentation you read, Jabber doesn't even make the list of supported devices. Jabber is mentioned for release 9.x, but for any 10.x, 11.x and 12.0 releases, no mention whatsoever.

A quick test showed that CSF devices show up and can be monitored (i tried setting hlog status and cfwd), whereas TCT devices do not. TCT devices also have no CTI control flag in ccmadmin.

So, what's the official word on Jabber support.. which types are supported and what are the limitations?

Oh, and any difference whether you're looking at TAPI or JTAPI?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hoping the 'Supported CTI Devices' pages under TAPI/JTAPI suffice: https://developer.cisco.com/site/jtapi/documents/cti-tapi-jtapi-supported-device-matrix/

My understanding is that desktop Jabber is supported, and mobile device Jabber is not supported for CTI...

I‘ve seen that one before, but it begs the question: why does the same document for CUCM 10 and up not contain any info about any Jabber version?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: