cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Possible to join via hosturlMeeting without getting logged in the browser?

john.cleese
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I schedule a new meeting, and then I call GethosturlMeeting to obtain host url.

But when someone opens this host url in the browser, it not only opens Cisco WebEx Meeting Center teleconferencing module, but also logs him/her in the browser as the host (giving him/her access to My WebEx, scheduling new meetings and so on). You can see that on the screenshot below - the browser is in the background.

My question is: is it somehow possible not to log in the browser? Just open the teleconferencing module/plugin but do not let the user do whatever (s)he wants in the browser/My WebEx as the host?

Thanks!

screenshot_hosturl2.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

nmorrow
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

The host meeting API request does require browser authentication for security purposes. You may hide this behind a desktop application with a built in browser control that you can terminate after the meeting client finishes launching. WebEx authentication is revoked upon termination of the browser process, so browsing the site as a host would not be possible. Alternately, you may provide a full WebEx integration from your own custom portal and have your WebEx site automatically redirect to your portal, to further prevent direct site usage, as desired.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

nmorrow
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

The host meeting API request does require browser authentication for security purposes. You may hide this behind a desktop application with a built in browser control that you can terminate after the meeting client finishes launching. WebEx authentication is revoked upon termination of the browser process, so browsing the site as a host would not be possible. Alternately, you may provide a full WebEx integration from your own custom portal and have your WebEx site automatically redirect to your portal, to further prevent direct site usage, as desired.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: