Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse Gadget - Send Email

douglasc
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am writing a Finesse gadget that is required to send an email using Microsoft Exchange as the mail server. I've looked at two options:

Option 1- Use Exchange Web Services: Issue - requires NTLM authentication.

Question #1 - Is anyone aware of a gadgets.io or similar https request client that implements NTLM authentication? OR perhaps something that will create the NTLM username/domain/password encryption string for the HTTPS authenticate header?

Option 2- Use SMTP: Issue - what SMTP client to use from Tomcat?

Question #2 - Is anyone aware of a SMTP client method that can be invoked from a gadget?

Generally  speaking - looking for an approach here as to how the gadget could be implemented to send an email via exchange server.

Any help would be appreciated!

6 Replies 6

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Unfortunately, I do not have the answers to your questions. But I will reach out to the Finesse team and see if they have any ideas.

Thanx,

Denise

Thanks appreciate you doing so!

Hi Douglas,

The Finesse team came back to me with "Sorry - Finesse does not provide any out of the box API’s support to send emails.". So, it looks like they do not know either.

Thanx,

Denise

Thanks Denise for checking.

Would you be able to forward my Q#1 to the finesse product group also?

Question #1 - Is anyone aware of a gadgets.io or similar https request client that implements NTLM authentication? OR perhaps something that will create the NTLM username/domain/password encryption string for the HTTPS authenticate header?

Regards

Hi,

I had forwarded both questions to them and that is how they answered it. I will ask them about Q1 specifically to see if there is a different answer.

Thanx,

Denise

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The Finesse team got back to me about Q1 and it doesn't look like anyone is aware of how to do NTML auth. Sorry!

Thanx,

Denise