Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco-8865 don't receive sip calls

akamit
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have cisco-8865 and I want to call to it not from sip proxy where it registered. I send INVITE to cisco but cisco not answer to invites. In logs i found  "Sender not recognized" it is mean cisco doesn't accept call from not sip proxy. But is there any configs( to accept it?

4538 DEB Mar 20 13:46:14.900625 (683:905) JAVA-::End-Of-Sip-Message::

4539 ERR Mar 20 13:46:14.900656 (683:905) JAVA-SIP : SIPProcessUDPMessage : SIPTaskCheckSource() failed - Sender not recognized

3 Replies 3

Mark Stover
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Aydar,

To meet the security needs of the majority of customers, a registered phone will only accept call requests from the 'proxy' it is registered to.

so there is no settings, no way to accept it?

8865 does support 'multi-platform' mode (can register to non-CUCM call-control servers - 'proxies'), however I suspect the security behaviour described by mstover still applies - SIP messages not originating from the registered proxy are rejected.

I don't believe Cisco phones can operate in a 'stand-alone', non-registered fashion, or in a mode where they accept ad-hoc calls from anywhere.

If the SIP messages you are talking about are originating from an application, the primary solution should be to configure a SIP trunk pointing to the app's address: System Configuration Guide for Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Release 11.5(1) - Configure SIP Trunks [Cisco Unifā€¦

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: