Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime Inf 3.3 SSO Setup with SAML

chadrife1
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco Prime SSO Setup with SAML

Hello World.  Looking to setup first SSO connection within Prime.

Our SSO environment uses SAML.   I see very limited options within Prime.

Add SSO servers

- IP

- DNS

I've tried both IP / DNS of our dev SSO servers and which it errors.

Error : Unable to connect to SSO Server login URL. Check logs for details.

How would I integrate with SAML , or do we go another route?

1 Reply 1

Spencer Zier
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Let me preface this by saying that I'm not an expert in this area (so I may get some things wrong), but Prime Infrastructure's SSO functionality is solely to integrate with other instances of Prime Infrastructure.  If you're familiar with Prime Operations Center, which manages multiple instances of Prime Infrastructure and aggregates them into a single pane of glass, this SSO functionality is used to allow for users to quickly access the individual Prime Infrastructure instances and the Operations Center server.  But you don't need to use Operations Center to use this SSO functionality.

SSO requires having multiple instances of Prime Infrastructure.  You designate one instance as the SSO server.  On that server, setup the SSO server settings.  Then, on all the instances of Prime Infrastructure, add the SSO server.  Now when users visit an instance of Prime Infrastructure, they'll be redirected to the SSO server to login, but will be able to access all instances of Prime Infrastructure without re-authenticating.

As far as I know, there is no support for integrating with SAML at this time.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: