Views
Helpful
Replies

How stable is 3.1 firmware?

igor.gurevith
Level 1
Level 1

We plan  UCS upgrade from 2.2.6 to 22.8 and then 3.2.3

I wonder if somebody has done it ? any caveats, recommendations?

How 's stable 3.1 and Vmware ESXi 5.5 where we now and 6.0 U3?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

please check the UCS Hardware and Software Compatibility.

Hope this helps,

Marcelo Morais

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Wes Austin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Igor,

All of the releases on Cisco.com are "stable". The Suggested (starred) release on the Cisco software download page has the most features and bug fixes available for the specified train.

Hi,

please check the UCS Hardware and Software Compatibility.

Hope this helps,

Marcelo Morais

gary.mcmichen
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Igor

Not sure if this will help you but I recently upgraded from 2.2(7b) to 3.1(3f) running ESXi 6.5 U1 and can't express how important it is to trust the UCS Hardware and Software Compatibility tool. I did not run the tool and ran into an issue where the NENIC driver did not perform a network failover when my standby FI rebooted - this caused quite the network disturbance. I did log a pre-emptive TAC case prior to upgrading and there were some identified 'bugs' that I corrected prior to the upgrade. All that being said, I am happy with the stability of 3.1(3f) and plan to wait 3-6 months prior to upgrading to 3.2x to ensure that the next upgrade is 'bug free'.

Gary

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card