Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Feature Support

Hemant Bharati
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear Team,

My customer is a bank and looking for below responses from us.

1.  Inter-Department  Chat to be blocked , since they have multiple Business Units like Trading , investment etc

2.  Do we support MDM like Citrix Xenmobile 10.8.5 or Microsoft intunes

3. Two Factor Authentication for Jabber

4.  Only one device to be restricted for Jabber on Mobile devices like phones , ipads etc

5. Can we expose Jabber from behind a WAF firewall  i.e Web Application Firewalls

6. Block Copy & Paste on Jabber

7. Can we view persistent chat from the database or it is encrypted

2 Replies 2

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

1. Look at compliance servers from Donoma, Verba Actiance for ethical walls

2. Jabber does support MDM Cisco Jabber 11.0 Deployment and Installation Guide - Remote Access [Cisco Jabber for Windows] - Cisco search for MDM

3. Based on IDP and using SAML whatever the IDP supports Jabber can do the same like MFA

4. You should be able to restrict creating TAB.BOT as an example device in CCM to restrict access for Android vs iOS

5. If you are talking external access Jabber uses expressway which you may want to run by your customer on it's security/ports etc. Expressway is the recommended external access strategy and can be protected by a firewall

6. Configuration and Administration of IM and Presence Service on Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Release 10.5(1) - …

7. You can see here for the DB tables Database Setup Guide for the IM and Presence Service, Release 11.5(1)SU3 - External Database Tables [Cisco Unified Commu… and Configuration and Administration of IM and Presence Service on Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Release 11.5(1) - …

Can anyone please answer below query

Can we expose Jabber from behind a WAF firewall  i.e Web Application Firewalls

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: