cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber on Zebra TC51 ( Active Directory/Corporate Directory )

keithpotter
Level 1
Level 1

I see several post regarding Zebra TC51 with Jabber installed..   We loaded and configured Jabber Ver 11.9 then 12.x on a TC51  Jabber phone control appears to function as expected however the Directory is not connected..  Tried UDS, BDI Service Profiles.. Attempting to Cisco Support Field to define an alternate XML file.  No luck.

In reviewing the logs the TC51 is performing a SRV query for LDAP servers.  Any thoughts on why TC51 requires additional SRV record or any recommendations on modified XML file/UC Service profile?.

FYI,, installing Jabber on personal Android device using the same UC profile, AD/Corporate directory work perfectly with standard UC Service Profile.

3 Replies 3

Hi,

take a look at the following: Planning Guide for Cisco Jabber.

Cisco Jabber for Android is not supported on Android devices that are based on an Intel chipset.

Cisco Jabber for Android does not support the Tegra 2 chipset.

Due to an Android kernel issue, Cisco Jabber cannot register to the Cisco Unified Communications Manager on some Android devices. If this problem occurs, see the Troubleshooting chapter of the Cisco Jabber for Android User Guide.

Hope this helps,

Marcelo Morais

Marcelo

Thank you for the feedback.. The Device registers to CUCM providing full phone capabilities excluding directory.. I tried UDS and BDI.  While reviewing logs it appears the Android device is looking for a LDAP SRV record vs using the CUCM Service Profile.

I requested the client create the LDAP SRV records to determine if this resolves the issue..  I asked Zebra manufacturer what Chipset is in the TC51.

Any additional thoughts or feedback are welcome.

Regards

Hi,

no additional thoughts ... I tried to find the Zebra Chipset in the TC51 without success, let's wait for the manufacturer's answer.

Best regards,

Marcelo Morais

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: