cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Roll back update???

smoothsailor46
Level 1
Level 1

This new layout from the most recent update is horrible. What are you doing to Spark??? Now my teams and individual chats are all mingled together and it looks like garbage. It was so nice to have everything separate. Teams all clumped together and all my individual chats clumped together.

Let's roll back the change and come up with a better layout!

5 Replies 5

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Steve

There will be announcements tomorrow that will provide background on this decision as per Cisco (emphasis on the word "from Cisco"). Having said that the UI change is definitely a hotly debated topic and some for and some against. I personally love it based on my laptop screen size and I am fine seeing one slider bar to scroll through my spaces. I also realize there are other folks who don't like the design or clicking on filters to go to "People" as a workaround. I also realize a toggle setting in the client might help so folks can do what works for them like Jabber settings that are very advanced based on the end user.

But maybe tomorrow live stream will solve all these issues. If you want to attend see here https://engage2demand.cisco.com/LP=9849

This is awful. If you forget the name of a space it's a lot easier to swim through a list of spaces or people separately than it is to scan through a list of both mixed together. Either offer a filter function or restore the separation. Come on!

I think I'd like to see a people and a spaces icon on the left side of the UI, sort of like how you can look at teams. Or from the drop-down menu above messages have one for spaces versus people there. Some sort of option to filter by whether it's a multi-person or 1:1 space.

The filter is “people” on the Top vs All.

However for me I used to hate the split with tiny scroll bars next to each. I personally prefer this mix. However wait for the new UI to launch in teams this issue may go away

Thanks

Srini

Thanks Srini.  I was going to share a similar comment.  Thank you all for your feedback about the design. As we previewed in our launch on April 18th, we are evolving the user experience. Part of that includes making it even easier to find and use information that’s important to you. We think you’ll be happy with what’s coming. Please continue to send feedback in the app, too.